If you have decided to become a security officer in South Australia Adelaide there are some important things you need to know.
In my experience most people want to become security guards for getting extra money. In Australia you can get a security job easily and after only 10-15 days training and paying for a license. Suddenly you are now a security guard.
You are responsible for peoples lives
Do you really think that doing 10-15 days in some training companies teaches you enough to be able to protect a person life and business by yourself. Most of the time you will be by yourself and it will be entirely on your shoulders if something going to wrong and you screw it up. This is only the start of your training.
What you need to do
1. Review and study all your courses manuals every week.
2. Join every refresher course and get up to date. DON’T just RPL it. You miss opportunities to learn from your seniors guards experience.
3. Read and study a Security Book every month to increase your knowledge.
4. Get fit and exercise everyday and take healthy diet. It will boast you and help you to save yours or someone else’s life.
5. Practice self defense techniques regularly with a friend or work colleague. Play hard with the sweat of your bow.
6. Read the news Articles and stay ahead of security crime events in your working areas.
7. When you start work with a security company read all their manuals and Operating procedures every day until you know them off by heart.
8. Work with experienced security guard to help you with questions and solutions for problems you have faced recently in your duty.
9. Be punctual, develop a strong learning and development work habit by asking a security manager to help mentor you in advanced security techniques.
10.Sharpen your mind never make assumptions when dealing or approaching people when working. Everyone is dangerous, don’t take risk, it only takes a second to cause you serious harm. Keep your focus on every person and be safe at all times.
If you want to become a security officer then you must follow these 10 tips and apply it every time on your work. In addition, you need to get more qualifications each year in the security industry. If you never develop your security skills and knowledge why should the security company use you for better jobs or management work.
R-Group Security Company provide jobs and body guard all over the south Australia.